Thursday, May 19, 2005

The Hammer

People ask me about my personal inner experiences with the Divine. At a young age I was trained to be in love with Christ and Christ's true family, and I felt it all. I know what it is to be part of a thriving and growing congregation.

What does it mean when you really need it?

My Family Life was coming apart at 13. I was in High School, and my little cell of domestic torture and tranquility, was at least stable. By the time I was 14, my life would be plunged literally into hell. It was a breath taking experience, and it was Pastor Bakke that pushed me in.

I graduated Eighth Grade, and heading to High School. My summer expanded with summer camp and working in evangelical camp in Rockford with Brian Bakke and his Cousin. Then a fire at my house, then an appendectomy. High School came and I entered Catholic High School.

My entire understanding of Christ exploded, and I could not understand how different Christianity could be and is. My Grandparents were proud of me.....Then Grandpa died, and mom and dad broke up. Mom moved in with a Lesbian, and I was eventually moved to a new house and a new school.

I asked Pastor Bakke to help, and in the end he did something incredible. He said I should find a church in my new neighborhood and that he couldn't help me anymore. My best friend Brian said he was busy and that he didn't have time for the Rock Club and that it was time to close it down. So it was then that cold afternoon on sunday that they dropped me off, hammering my emotions, literally exiled from all I ever knew, with years of rock samples and my bible.

So here I was on the brink of living hell, and my pastor pushed me in. My whole life for the church, for him, all to be cast aside because my mom moved in with a Lesbian and my pastor could not handle it. The man who would eventually save whole cities in Christ's name cast me out of his sight. And I did nothing wrong.

So now I was rejected by the Baptists, and the Catholics too, and my parents broken, granpa dead and grandma dieing. The hammer struck, and the world shattered.

Next: Enter Stage Left: Satan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home